Sunday, September 9, 2012

Marketing events and interacting with clients.

Online marketing feed off of interactivity. Facebook, Twitter and other popular social media and applications are great ways to gain new costumers and help maintain your relationship with current costumers.  Interactivity is very useful when it comes to event planning. Through social media, event planners can reach out to their audience in a quick and efficient way. I am the coordinator for a fashion show and Facebook has made it very easy for me to interact with my sponsors, models and guests. Many of the sponsors I was able to get for the show were convinced because of the amount of marketing we are doing in order to sell tickets. The fact that their logo would be exposed through our social media was a big selling point in order to get them to work with us. In the past when social media was not as big as it is now, maybe it would not have been as easy to convince sponsors to work with us or promote my event. Through Facebook I was able to market to many different organizations in a way that I knew they would notice rather than through personal emails which are harder to get and are often ignored. It is easier and more convenient for costumers and marketers to spread the word through social media which could be a very bad thing if the word is negative rather than positive. Even if costumers express negative feelings through social media for the world to see, they might be pointing out something that marketers did not notice and can then work on. This would only be a positive thing if the people in charge of the media are always alert and responding to costumer complains in a timely matter.

A blog post in Sensible Marketing by Anthony Miyazaki, makes great points on his view of  how much interactivity does online marketing need. I plan and coordinate events and online interactivity is a great tool for what I do. The con's of online interactivity outweigh the negatives when it comes to planning and marketing events. Facebook helps he have an idea of how many people will be attending my events and also helps promote a positive image and reputation for my parties. In my case, the more interactivity, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment